Time to see you work in print! Call for submissions!
We are currently accepting literary works for publication for our new section Words of Women for Bristol Woman on the theme of New Beginnings.
Deadline for submission: 9th October
Email to: email@example.com
Do you have creative work you would like to share? We are looking for budding poets, prose and monologues!
No more than 2 poems per person on each theme. In the region of 40 lines
No more than one entry per person on each theme.1,500 words MAX
No more than one entry per person on each theme.! In the region of 40 lines
SPOKEN WORD VIDEO:
Link to youtube/ vimeo/ website
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate clearly in subject heading the category and theme that you are sending your work to be considered for.
Work is published on a quarterly basis.
We only accept work for our quarterly theme.
Content can be submitted by anyone and should strive to adhere to the guidelines outlined below.
If you have any literary works you would like to submit but would like to discuss it first, please get in touch.
1. The work must include original and informative content.
- All content that is submitted to Bristol Woman for publication must be 100% exclusively owned by you.
- Literary content is defined as written material as either poetry, prose or monologues.
2. The work does not have to be in English.
- We want to celebrate Bristol as a diverse city and will consider publishing work in various languages.
- All articles must be worded naturally and in a manner that allows for easy understanding.
3. The article must not contain unattributed content to which the author does not have rights.
- Work must be attributed to only ONE author or co-author and NOT belong to multiple parties or the public domain.
- Private Label Rights article packs are content available for anyone to purchase and place their name on. These will not be acceptable for publication.
4. The work must not contain profanity or pornographic material.
- Any work that contain sexually explicit material is prohibited.
- Profane language and slang terminology consists of expletives, racial slurs, and vulgar euphemisms, and have no place in professional and informative articles or in their titles. If you wouldn’t hear it in a PG movie, keep it out of your articles.
5. The work must not contain illegal content.
- We reserve the right to determine what content is suitable for publication in the magazine. We will not accept content determined to be overly controversial, having a questionable legal status, or anything not consistent with the nature of the magazine.